Wednesday 5 February 2014

Original Vintage Tea Cosies

I was recently given a small box of china and in amongst it I found these two old knitted tea cosies. 


They are hand knit and are still in great condition.  I particularly like this one.  It has a separate lining and looks like it has been made from oddments of yarn.



I love the mini pompoms and rosettes used to decorate it.


The other one is much simpler, but still lovely.  I wonder how old they are?


Lovely additions to my vintage collection and I might copy the colour choices in some of my own knitted tea cosies.


Love, Liz




Why not visit my other blog The Greenockian - today I've written about
the perils of wearing a crinoline!

10 comments:

Robyn of Oz said...

They are really cool! Enjoy them. There is nothing like a good cup of tea, made in a pot that has been standing with its cosy. Lovely. :)

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely find, a lovely addition to any vintage collection.

Lady of the Manor said...

How lucky you were to find such nice surprises! They really are lovely and great inspirations! Thanks for your visit and kind comments!

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

A lovely find, I particularly like the bottom one.

Protector of Vintage said...

Very nice! Love the colors and pom poms!

Amy at love made my home said...

Based on the designs and colours I would say that the bottom one is older that the first one, but they are probably 60's. Hope that you can make use of them! xx

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a wonderful surprise! They are very sweet - love the unusual color combinations, too! Enjoy your tea :) xo Karen

Needles and Wool said...

very nice teapot cozies! a great find! I love the colors and the details, just beautiful.

Lisa

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Liz, what a fun find! Sounds like they made their way into the right home! Thanks for visiting my blog.
hugs,
Jann

sky-blu-pink said...

Super, i am sure you will be able to sneak a little fo their gab design into your own creations.