Tuesday 25 March 2014

Puppies and Kittens

Of the illustrations in my Ladybird Book collection I think these are the sweetest.



They are from "Puppies and Kittens" in the Ladybird Learning to Read series.


The illustrations are by H Woolley.  I even like the font!


Just lovely and somehow very nostalgic.


Love, Liz

With regard to the Rupert jumper in previous post - I am definitely NOT knitting one for elder son - he is over 6 feet tall!  Can you imagine how much wool it would need and how long it would take me to knit!!!!!!!  Argh!


9 comments:

Vix said...

I remember it well probably where I got my love of kitties from! x

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The illustrations are so well done and precious. What a nice collection of books. xoxo

Connie said...

I love that these are some of the first images to go into our brains.

Sylvia said...

Those illustrations are wonderful, Liz !
So cute !
Nice week,
Sylvia

sky-blu-pink said...

I haven't seen this one - very sweet!

Sharon said...

I love those pictures too.

Robyn of Oz said...

Naughty puppy! Aren't they gorgeous illustrations and the font would be lovely and clear for the beginning reader.
I loved Ladybird books when I was a child. I wonder what mum did with them.

Curtise said...

I remember this one from my childhood too, the illustrations a just so sweet! xxx

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Illustrations then were so sweet!